How to Add a New Post
Now, you might be thinking, “but I don’t need a blog”. This might be true, but you can also use the blog concept if you have a page/place where you need to display your ‘latest news’ or even just school updates. Basically, any information that gets updated on a semi-regular basis can benefit from the ‘blog’ functionality. Whether that’s a traditional blog, your schools’ latest news’ or even just your own personal updates. Note that the posts are displayed by Date Published, so each time you make a new post, the older ones will be pushed down.
1. Go to the Dashboard. If you don't know how to do that, click here.
2. To add a new Post, hover over the Posts menu option in the left-hand navigation menu and in the fly-out menu, click the Add New link.
3. When creating a new Post, the first thing to do is enter in your title in the top entry field where it says Enter title here. After moving the cursor down to the editor a new Permalink is created for your page. Permalinks are the permanent URL’s to your individual Posts, Pages, Categories etc.. Though not usually necessary, you can manually edit your permalink by clicking on the actual permalink (the part after the domain name with the yellow background) or by clicking the Edit button next to it. Once you’ve modified it, click Ok to save or Cancel to cancel your changes.
4. The editor used to enter content into your Post is very easy to use. It’s much like using a regular word processor, with toolbar buttons that allow you to Bold or Italicize text or enter in Headings or bullet points. You can even use most of the basic keyboard shortcuts used in other text editors. For example: Shift+Enter inserts a line break, Ctrl+C/Cmd+C = copy, Ctrl+X/Cmd+X = cut, Ctrl+Z/Cmd+Z = undo, Ctrl+Y/Cmd+Y = redo, Ctrl+A/Cmd+A = select all, etc. (use the Ctrl key on a PC or the Command key on a Mac).
5. Once you've included all the content you want in your post, click publish.