How to Accept Payments from a Form (Authorize.net)
Collecting payments from your Hubbli forms is a painless process that can save you hours of time. Digital payments allow you to go paperless, and it gives parents the convenience of paying at home from their computer, or on the go with their mobile devices. If you aren't sure how to create a form, click HERE.
NOTE: If you haven't chosen a payment processor yet, we integrate with Paypal, Stripe, and Authorize.net. Click HERE to learn more.
Follow these steps to get set up:
1) The first step is ensuring your form has a Credit Card field. This will allow parents to fill in their credit card information directly on your form. (Ex: Application form, Enrollment form, Field Trip form etc..) From the form editor, you can drag and drop the credit card field:
Other Required Fields
The following are fields that are required to be within your form to properly process payments via Authorize.net:
- Phone Number
Note: When using Page fields to create a multi-page form the Credit Card field should be located on the last page of the form.
2) Additionally, your form will need a Product field. This field is required to tell the payment processor the total amount to be collected from the form. It also allows parents to clearly see what they are paying for, leaving no surprises on their credit card statement. Note: If you aren't sure how to set this up, send us a support ticket and we'll take care of it for you!
3) Next, we need to verify that our Feed is set up correctly.
- From the Dashboard>Forms, hover over the form you wish to accept payments from, and under Settings, choose Authorize.net
4) Now, let's create the feed. Click " Add New".
5) You will see a page titled Feed Settings.
- Name: This is the name of your Authorize.net feed. If you have multiple feeds, the name field is how you can keep track of them. (Ex: Application Fee)
- Transaction Type: Choose Products and Services OR Subscription
- Products and Services can be used to accept one-time payments (Ex: field trips)
- Subscription can be used to kick off a recurring payment via credit card (Ex: Monthly tuition fees)
- Payment Amount: From the dropdown menu, select the appropriate pricing field from your form (Ex: Application Fee). This field determines the total amount that will be charged when the form is submitted.
6) The next section is titled Billing Information. For each Field under billing information, select (map) the corresponding form fields by selecting from the dropdowns. See image below for examples:
7) When you are finished, don't forget to click " Update Settings" to save your work.
Congrats! You're ready to accept payments online through your Hubbli forms! If you find yourself needing assistance, we are here to help. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a support session with one of our experts.
NOTE: If you'd like to accept payments from multiple forms, it must be noted that each form must have it's own feed created to process payments.