How to add a Slideshow to the Home Page
Here you will learn how to quickly add a Slideshow with rotating images to your homepage.
Here are the steps to create a Slideshow:
1. Login and go to your Admin dashboard. ( click here to learn how to do that )
2. Click on the 'Slides' tab
3. Click 'Add New' at the top of the page. This will create your first slide.
4. Click "Set featured image" to open your media library where you can upload images or select previously existing media. If you wish to have text appear overtop your slide, you can add a title. If not, the title and text on this page can be left blank.
5. Once you have chosen an image, click 'Set featured image', and after a few seconds you will see a thumbnail of your image appear.
6. From here, all you need to do is hit "Publish" and your home page will now have a Slideshow. Repeat steps 3-6 to add additional slides.
7. Some things to keep in mind:
a) The order of the Slideshow is determined by date, so your most recent upload will be the first image of your Slideshow.
b) In some scenarios, the dimensions of your image will affect how the image is cropped down, which can result in missing pieces of the image (ex: heads being cut off etc.) As best practice, images should be cropped to these dimensions: Width-1040px, Height-400px. Larger images will crop down fine, however, smaller images may get distorted.
If you're still having trouble and would like assistance, feel free to book a support session and one of our team members will be happy to help! http://support.hubbli.com/support-calendar/