How to Set Up Your General Appointment Settings
1. Go to the Dashboard. If you don't know how to do that, click here.
2. Go to Dashboard>Appointments>Settings
3. The first thing you're going to set is the Time Base. By default, it's set to 30 minutes. This means that appointments can only be set as multiples of 30, i.e. 60, 90, 120, etc. If you want a service to have, for example, 45 minute sessions, change this to 15. If you need a Time Base that isn't included in the drop down by default, enter it in "Additional time base". Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "Save Settings", and select that time from the drop down.
4. Scroll down to "Accessibility Settings" to the "Auto-confirm" drop down. Auto-confirm means that appointments will automatically be booked, and you don't have to go into the dashboard to manually approve them. Change this to Yes.
5. "Allow client cancel own appointments" is set to No by default. If you keep it as No, you will have to go into the dashboard and manually remove any appointment that needs to be cancelled. If you change it to yes, parents/teachers will be able to cancel their own appointments on the front end of the site.
6. The Color Set is set to Preset 1 by default, meaning bookable time slots times show up Green, Busy and Not Possible time slots show up as white. If you want to change these colors, choose Custom.
7. By default, Confirmation and Reminder notifications are sent to clients (parents) and service providers (staff). Removal Notifications are set to No by default, we recommend that you change this to Yes.
8. The Confirmation, Reminder, and Removal emails all come with a message that you can change. Anything that is in all capitals should not be removed, as it is automatically populated by the information filled out by the person booking the appointment. For example, if John Smith books an appointment, the message will read "Dear John", even though it shows as "Dear CLIENT" here. You can also change the subject of the email.
Once you've made all your changes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Services".