How to Accept Payments from a Form (Paypal)
Collecting payments from your Hubbli forms is a painless process that can save you hours of time. Digital payments allow you to go paperless, and it gives parents the convenience of paying at home from their computer, or on the go with their mobile devices. If you aren't sure how to create a form, click HERE.
NOTE: In order to begin accepting payments, we require that you send us account information so we can finalize the integration. If you haven't chosen a payment processor yet, we integrate with Paypal, Stripe, and Authorize.net. Click HERE to learn more about these options. If you have already signed up with one of these merchants, you can send us your credentials by clicking HERE.
Follow these steps to get set up:
1) For every form you wish to accept digital payments, a unique 'feed' must first be created. (Ex: If you have 3 forms that require payments, then you must create 3 discrete feeds.)
- From the Dashboard>Forms, hover over the form you wish to accept payments from, and under Settings, choose Paypal
2) Now, let's create the feed. Click " Add New".
3) You will see a page titled Feed Settings.
- Name: This is the name of your Paypal feed. If you have multiple feeds, the name field is how you can keep track of them. (Ex: Application Fee)
- Paypal Email Address: This is the email address associated with your Paypal Account.
- Mode: Production mode means you are ready to accept payments. Test mode is simply for testing purposes.
- Transaction Type: Choose Products and Services OR Subscription
- Products and Services can be used to accept one-time payments (Ex: field trips)
- Subscription can be used to kick off a recurring payment via credit card (Ex: Monthly tuition fees)
- Payment Amount: From the dropdown menu, select the appropriate pricing field from your form (Ex: Application Fee). This field determines the total amount that will be charged when the form is submitted.
4) The next section is titled Billing Information. For each Field under billing information, select (map) the corresponding form fields by selecting from the dropdowns. See image below for examples:
5) When you are finished, don't forget to click Update Settings to save your work.
Congrats! You're ready to accept payments online through your Hubbli forms! Feel free to test your newly created paypal feed by filling out the form. Once the 'submit' button is clicked, you will be taken to paypal to provide payment information. If you find yourself needing assistance, we are here to help. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a support session with one of our experts.
NOTE: If you'd like to accept payments from multiple forms, it must be noted that each form must have it's own feed created to process payments.